I was nominated by the fabulous Lauren at teardropsfalling for the Sunshine Award! My heart is so happy because my intent with starting to blog was to share in a sunnier side of infertility. By choosing to live in the rays of sunshine that occasionally peek through the dark clouds of reoccurring pregnancy loss my hope is that I encourage others to do the same through my writing.
The Sunshine Award is for that purpose…to nominate those who bring sunshine to others.
The rules are:
- Include the Sunshine Award icon in your post
- Link to the blogger who nominated you
- Answer 10 questions about yourself
- Nominate 10 other bloggers to receive the award
- Link to your nominees and let them know you nominated them
Here are my 10 questions for myself and my new nominees:
- List 3 of your best and worst personality traits Best: Tenacious, resilient and intuitive Worst: Impatient, controlling, often times I speak before I think
- If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go? My dream trip is to Nepal with a stopover in Bali
- You’re about to walk the green mile, what do you have as your last meal? An entire bottle of an 1998 Lafite wine with truffled macaroni n cheese! I love truffles and I am a certified sommelier. 🙂
- If you could have 3 wishes granted, what would they be? A healthy pregnancy, delivering, and (most importantly) a healthy baby from my egg and my husbands sperm. (I’ve learned to spell out EXACTLY what I want from the universe.) For there to be a cure for infertility. To travel the world with my husband for one year without being tethered to work.
- Why do you blog? To tell my story. To not contribute to the silence and myths that surround infertility and pregnancy and infant loss
- List 5 goals on your life’s to-do list: Climb Mt Kilimanjaro, Stand on the great wall of China, Visit all 50 states, Publish a book, Earn a Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology and become a licensed therapist that specializes in pregnancy loss.
- Any tattoos or piercings? Just my ears.
- If you could be any animal, what would you be? A Seahorse. I grew up a competitive swimmer and feel at home in the water. Plus Seahorses mate for life and when coupled off swim together holding tails. (How cute is that?)
- Are you mostly a clean or messy person? Mostly clean.
- Name 1 thing you miss about being a kid and 1 thing you love about being an adult: I miss my innocence. Thinking that the world was a good and safe place. I love that I can eat my desert before my dinner if I want to.
You’re Going DOWN Infertility (Although already nominated)